Who we are
Our website address is: https://skinscience.ca/
If you fill out a form on this website, we collect personal information to improve our website experience, services, and customer service.
This information may include:
- Details about the services you are interested in (for example, the treatment you are interested in or the condition you are concerned about)
- Age and Gender
- Email address
- Phone number
- Any other information that may be asked in a form on our website
We may share this information with WordPress, our website hosting provider, so they can provide website services to us.
You may request to have all of your contact form information deleted at any time by emailing email@example.com
This website collects personal data to power our site analytics, including:
- Information about your browser, network, and device
- Web pages you visited prior to coming to this website
- Your IP address
This information may also include details about your use of this website, including:
- Internal links
- Pages visited
We share this information with WordPress, our website analytics provider, to learn about site traffic and activity.
These functional and required cookies are always used, which allow WordPress, our hosting platform, to securely serve this website to you.
These analytics and performance cookies are used on this site, as described below, only when you acknowledge our cookie banner. We use analytics cookies to view site traffic, activity, and other data.
This website uses font files from Google Fonts and Adobe Fonts. To properly display this site to you, servers where the font files are stored may receive personal information about you, including:
- Information about your browser, network, or device
- Your IP address
We use Google Analytics to understand and analyze our web traffic without collecting personal identifiable information. Google Analytics collects cookies and processes data related to the web traffic on this website. You can learn more about how Google Analytics collects and uses data on their page “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps” (https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites).
We use Google Analytics to potentially:
- Analyze web traffic and how visitors use our website.
- We may use re-marketing or custom audiences to create ads displaying to people who have visited our website. In many cases, we create ads for promotions related to a specific treatment to people who have visited pages on our website related to that treatment. This allows us to show ads that are more related to content that you might be interested in.
We collect cookies to increase our understanding of how users generally interact with our web content and to create digital ads that pertain to topics you might be interested (based on the pages you visited on our website). We collect this data to optimize and enhance our website and ad campaigns for a better user experience.
We may install what Facebook refers to as a “Facebook Pixel” on this website. The Facebook pixel is an analytics tool that allows us to measure the effectiveness of our advertising by understanding the actions people may take on our website.
We use the Facebook pixel to:
- Help analyze traffic to this website from Facebook, Instagram, and Facebook partners.
- Facilitate ad campaign creation on Facebook, Instagram, and Facebook partners.
- Create custom audiences in Facebook to help increase the experience you may have with our ads. We use custom audiences to potentially display Facebook ads for our services and products, to people who may have shown interest in those products or services in the past (eg. We might create ads to display on Facebook, Instagram, or Facebook’s partners’ pages to people who have viewed a specific page on our website that suggest they are interested in a particular product or service).
Facebook allows you to adjust how ads are targeted to you based on your activity on and off Facebook. Learn how you can you edit this setting.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
We do not sell your data to third parties. We do not share your data with any 3rd parties for the use of their marketing. We may be required to provide certain 3rd parties with access to your data in an effort to enhance or optimize our services and patient experience. For example, we may need to provide a web developer with access to our content management software in order to make changes to our website. This might entail the web developer having access to form submission information.
How long we retain your data
If you fill out a form, the information and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This allows us to recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue. Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Cookies collected through our website and Google Analytics are retained for 50 months or less (eg. If you visit our website in June of 2019, Google Analytics will store your cookies for 50 months from that date). After 50 months, cookies are automatically deleted. The length of time that cookies are retained is renewed each time you visit our website.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have submitted a form, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org